- 4 sliced pheasant breasts
- 50g smoked diced pancetta
- 1 Jar of green pesto
- 100g dried penne pasta
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 100g diced cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of crispy bread croutons
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 35g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh basil leaf (optional)
- Heat a large pan of water to boiling and cook the penne pasta for 10 mins (see pack for further cooking instructions)
- While pasta is cooking heat a large frying pan, add olive oil and brown off the pancetta. Add pheasant and fry for a further 2 mins until cooked. Mix in the green pesto paste and remove from heat.
- Mix diced cherry tomatoes and croutons in bowl.
- When penne is cooked, strain off water and add to the pheasant in the frying pan. Stir thoroughly.
- When serving, top with the diced tomato and croutons, finishing with the grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.